Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Desire

There's nothing else that's near as sweet,
resigning to your heart's defeat.
The fear and doubt desire casts
we'll fall again and twice as fast.
Our hearts will learn with great intention
our body's ache with misconception.

Beyond the veil of joyous mirth
Desire's specter grants rebirth.
The faulty tales of incandescent,
of Love that glows like phosphorescence.

These picture Men devise now seem
like tales of foolish boyhood dreams.
Desire's strength is drawn from weakness,
from emptiness and caverns' bleakness.

This is how my Love connects,
concern and anguish, without regrets.
I've never measured Desire by flame,
by passion's smoldering, drunken shame.
Instead I judge by sacrifice.
A willingness to take my life.

I need to feel as if I chose
to walk alone down empty roads.
I need for you to take from me
to disregard my wanton pleas.

So this is what makes love complete
You order me to kiss your feet.
My will is yours now to expect
now take the knife and slit my neck.

Bleed me out and drain me whole
Desire me to feed your soul.
But don't feel frighten when I say
"...and now it's time for you to lay"

I'll do with you what Desire commands
I'll take from you on blood-stained sand.
And then we stop and gasp for breath,
repeat this dance until our death.

No comments: